Pages

22 July 2016

chic sun protection

So, if you can't already tell, I am quite pale. For years this bothered me, but then about two years ago I had an epiphany to embrace this to the max. This means I am the queen of sun protection! While everyone is looking nice and tan in their Instagram pics, I'll be having nice, damage free skin for years. Even if you are someone who tans nicely and doesn't sunburn the second you walk out of your house, sun protection is an essential year around practice. Here are my tips to making sun protection chic. 


hats // Everyone loves a good hat. And by everyone, I mean me. I own a wide range of hats for sun protection: wide brim, baseball, floppy. Not only do hats shade your face, they protect your scalp. Sun spots on the scalp are some of the hardest to detect and ultimately can cause the most damage. Just do your self a favor and start a nice hat collection.

light weight button downs // I absolutely LIVE in my extremely broken in denim button down. When there is a nice summer breeze in the air, I throw it on over a tank top to block the sun on my arms, shoulders, and back. I keep it in my purse throughout the summer so I can throw it on at a moments notice. The best materials for the summer are chambray, 100% cotton, and linen. 

swim shirts // I know that this totally sounds like something your mom forced you into when you were younger, but hear me out. I can't really be completely exposed to the sun at the beach for more than say, four hours. Problem is, I would love to be out longer than that! I throw on my lightweight swim shirt from Land's End to solve this problem. It's breathable but can get wet. This is also great for water sports such as paddle boarding. J. Crew also sells a great swim shirt. 



Even when taking all these precautions daily, I still wear a broad spectrum 30 SPF sunscreen everyday. You can never be too safe, kids!

xoxo,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment